• World Energy Scenario and Indian Perspective, Renewable Energy Technologies, Role of Solar PV and policies in India, Basics of Electricity, Introduction to Instruments.
• Introduction to Solar Radiation, Optimum orientation of Solar PV modules, Solar related measuring devices
• Solar PV Electricity, Introduction of Solar PV Modules, Interconnections of PV Modules, Impact of environmental parameters on module performance
• Introduction to Battery technologies, Charge controller, MPPT, Solar PV inverters
• Types of Solar PV systems, Introduction to Solar PV system design
• Grid Solar PV system design with DC load, Grid Solar PV system design with water pump, Example of Solar Power packs for homes/ industrial applications, Example of Solar Power packs for homes/ industrial applications
• Design of Grid, Connected Solar PV systems
• Wires and Cable sizing, Junction Boxes, Combiner Boxes, Fuses, etc.
• Solar PV system Installation, Monitoring and Trouble Shooting, Introduction to Solar lamps, Solar Products available in the market
• Proposed Laboratory Experiments
Solar Radiation Measurement, Measurement of PV module parameters, Series and Parallel connections of modules, Inverter, Rectifier and Transformer, Measurement of Battery, Charge Controller and Inverter parameters, Testing of Standalone PV system.
• Proposed Field Sessions
PV Panel Assembly, PV String Assembly, Grid connected PV Plant Assembly and Testing, PV plant Operation and Maintenance checks, Solar PV Modules/ BoS components manufacturing site visit