About NPTI Nangal
NPTI (HPTC) Nangal is having well-equipped AC Class rooms with LCD projection system and OHP etc. for imparting formal, theoretical and technical knowledge.
A conference hall with seating capacity for 22 persons is available with state-of-the art facilities.
NPTI-HPTC Nangal is having a well-furnished Air Conditioning Guest House with 2 suits, 2 Rooms.
|Type of Accommodation||Charges in (Rs.)|
|Double Bed accommodation||Rs. 400/- per day/ per room
(Max. Rs. 8000/- per month/ per room)
NPTI-HPTC Nangal is having well-furnished Trainee hostels with modern & hygienic lodging and boarding facilities are available to accommodate about 80 trainees at NPTI (HPTC) Nangal. Hostel facilities have been provided for both boys & girls. Those desirous of availing the hostel facilities will have to intimate in advance,nearby good number of hotels/lodges on reasonable rates are also available for candidates desired to stay outside campus as well as when hostel accommodation not available. Sport facilities like cricket, Football, Table Tennis etc. are available for trainees in hostel, creating a congenial atmosphere of a home away from home. The hostel accommodation is provided to the trainees only for the period of Training courses.
NPTI-HPTC Nangal is heaving a well furnished AC and Non AC rooms available.
|Type of Accommodation||Charges in (Rs.)|
|Double Bed Room (Non-AC)||Rs. 125/- per day/ per bed
(Max. Rs. 2500/- per month/ per bed)
|Double Bed Room (AC)||Rs. 200/- per day/ per bed
(Max. Rs. 4000/- per month/ per bed)
Power Plant Simulator
Today’s changing industrial scenario is evolving into a globalization of economy, where only a well-managed strong technical base can have cutting edge over others to maintain a clear superiority. As a leader in the power sector, NPTI has established its roots in training on Simulator to enhance the quality of operation and maintenance skills in power plant professionals and trainees. Power plant simulator is the effective tool for operational training.
Power plant simulator is an advanced hands-on-training tool, used mainly for the plant operation staff training in areas such as unit start-up, shut-down, load, operation, emergency handling etc. In addition, a simulator can also be used as a powerful tool to verify process design and control strategies prior to start-up of a plant as well as investigation and testing of operational problems that are normally not allowable under real plant operating conditions.
Simulator gives the feeling of operating a real power plant without incurring any generation loss of damaging any plant equipments. It raises the level of proficiency and builds up confidence required to handle emergencies in an actual plant operation. Hence, for training in whole gamut of plant operation, the simulators are becoming indispensable. Feedback shows trainees retention level to attend various emergencies is extremely high.
250MW Hydro Simulator
The Hydro Simulator at NPTI, HPTC, Nangal is replica of 1st Unit of 250MW capacity of Nathpha Jhakri Hydro Power Station (Satluj Jal Vidut Nigam Ltd). The Simulator features; Initial conditions, Freezing, Back tracking, Snap Shots, Mall function insertion ,Record and Replay, Fast & Slow mode simulation, Input /Output override and windows showing Trend & Log monitoring facilities make this Hydro Simulator a very effective tool for off the job and hands on training of Operators / Engineers.
Most commonly faced malfunctions in hydropower station have also been simulated with observations, probable cause and remedial action/measures to be taken by an operator under emergent conditions. The contents of manual are also supported by hydro plant schemes, which will help in better learning for safe and efficient O&M of Hydro station.
Simulator Training Profitability
Companies can increase profitability through increase in efficiency, stability, minimum faults and effective maintenance, efficiently operation of hydro units, maximized output and increased operational safety.
Advantages of the Hydro Simulator Training
- Highly efficient learning - Training on simulator gives the feeling of operating a real power plant. By operating equipment by own hand, a participants gains confidence and expertise in a very short period, which otherwise cannot be possible in a real plant.
- No fuel cost on account of training - To run a simulator training session, there is no wastage of any material or fuel, which may otherwise be needed to run a training demonstration on a running unit. The only power consumption is few hundred watts of electricity to run the computer & display systems.
- No wastage of equipment time - A running plant is not always available for any specific type of training, whereas simulator is always available for all types of training session. Previously stored initial conditions can be used to create any plant scenario at any time, any number of times. Thus, no time is lost in terms of training needs.
- Risk free training - A slight mistake in real plant can be costly and hazardous for the life of man and machine. Hence training on a live plant will always be under great tension. Simulator relieves the trainee from all such tensions and risks. The trainee is allowed to commit mistakes and learn from them with no hazards or losses of any type.
- High retention level - Simulator training takes an operation up to 90% retention level, the tangible and intangible benefits of which are significant.
- Improved sharpness - Simulator training helps the operation staff to refresh knowledge sharpens their operation skills and improves upon reflexes. Experience gained over years of actual emergency handling can be attained within few days of training on simulator.
- Test bed - Simulator has vast capabilities not only in terms of training but also in day-to- day fault analysis of plant, design review and studies, control systems evaluation and operation procedure etc.
The Laboratories and Workshops are the prerequisites for providing off-job, hands-on training in the maintenance aspects. The institute under NPTI have built well equipped laboratories, in various aspects of Power station. Some of the areas where expertises have been built up are:
- Control and Instrumentation Laboratories with facilities for testing, calibration and Process control Instruments.
- Electrical laboratories with facilities for testing of relays, Electrical Equipment’s, Insulating oils etc., along with repairs as per requirement.
- Computer lab computers have been established with the facilities of LAN and Internet connectivity.
- A Hydro lab is having hydro turbines working models and fluid mechanics, hydraulics test benches with Civil NDT Lab equipment’s also.
Institute is having a well-equipped library with a large collection of technical books and Multimedia CBT as one of the cost effective means of delivering consistent high quality training all standard newspapers, magazines and technical journals are also available.
Well-equipped gym is available for the exercise practices regularly to enhance the health standard of the trainees during their stay at HPTC, Nangal during their training period. It is equipped with
- Walker manual (Commercial)
- cycle (commercial)
- Weight lifting up-to 25 Kg
- Dumbles up to 15 kg
- Combined for free exercise
It is opened for both morning & evening sessions. Separate arrangements are available for Employees also at our institute.