National Power Training Institute (NPTI), an ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 organization under Ministry of Power, Government of India is a National Apex body for Training and Human Resources Development in Power Sector with its Corporate Office at Faridabad. NPTI had been providing its dedicated service for more than five decades.
NPTI has trained over 2,92,061 Power Professionals in regular Programs over the last 5 decades. NPTI is the world's leading integrated power training institute. NPTI is the only institute of its kind in the world with a wide geographical spread and covering a wide gamut of academic and training programs in Power Sector. NPTI's committed faculty is providing excellent training in the Power Sector, which is the most important sector among various infrastructure sectors. Training provided by NPTI on Generation Simulators has improved Plant Load Factor of Generating Units, has increased the availability of Transmission & Distribution Systems and has decreased Aggregate Technical & Commercial Losses. This in turn is providing more power to the country. Thus the training being provided by NPTI is having a cascading effect in the growth of GDP and economy of the country.
NPTI operates on an all India basis through its nine Institutes in different zones of the country as per details below:
- Northern Region
- NPTI Corporate Office, Faridabad
- NPTI (Northern Region) Badarpur, New Delhi
- NPTI (Hydro Power Training Centre), Nangal
- Southern Region
- NPTI (Power System Training Institute), Bengaluru
- NPTI (Hot Line Training Centre), Bengaluru
- NPTI (Southern Region), Neyveli
- Eastern & North Eastern Region
- NPTI (Eastern Region), Durgapur
- NPTI (North Eastern Region), Guwahati
- Western Region
- NPTI (Western Region), Nagpur
NPTI is establishing two new power training institutes which would be operational soon.
- NPTI, Alappuzha
- NPTI, Shivpuri